Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas in Canada, Eh

Our Living Room before.............
Still unpacking............

We bought our first Christmas Tree in 12 years. We had
always gone out back in the forest and cut one. I am not sure where they grow
the trees around here, but this one is beautiful! And the price was very reasonable.
Ken and Katie did the tree decorating this year. I was busy getting
food ready for our Staff Christmas Dinner Sunday evening. I could
never have done it without them.

I love our living room.
Ken painted the walls this lovely pale shade of green. Did you know
that Home Depot sells "mistake paint"? I picked this green up for less than
half price because someone changed their mind, or it was mixed up wrong.
The room still needs window treatment and some furniture, but that will come.
It is fun to start from nothing and slowly put it together.
Any suggestions for the window, Danielle?

After......


SNOW
We did get snow last week. Not piles and piles like I was expecting,
but enough to make it look like winter. It was very cold,
in the teens. It has warmed up this week (20's and 30's). We are
supposed to get another storm over the week end. Lisa comes into Buffalo
on Saturday and we are praying that the weather holds until she gets
here. A very exciting time for all of us

3 comments:

The Cowgirl's Typewriter said...

Yay! You have a tree! One good thing about buying a tree, there are no bald spots and there is no poison oak winding up the trunk.
Isn't green a great color? Whoever thought of painting walls green? :)

Anonymous said...

The tree is beartiful!! and you have a Mantel, how fun! I'm so anxious to see your place, but I'll wait until the snow storms are over. Mom

Aly sun said...

Check out my blog tomorrow. I went a little nuts. Or should I say, Danielle went a little nuts with online shopping and photoshop, and got you some curtains, roman shades, a new rug, and a few pillows.