Saturday, March 20, 2010

California

Katie and I just got back from our trip to Sunny California.
We enjoyed our VW Bug and put a lot of miles on it as we saw wonderful friends and Family.

The "Katie's"
We met Marlene and Katie in Palm Springs for Lunch.
Katie spent most of her time with the Groman's
Audrey, Katie and Alexa

Monday was my "Holly Day".
We ended up in Oceanside where the weather was PERFECT!
I will always love the sights, smells and sounds of the beach.

I enjoyed spending time with my Mom
at her little place at Sky Valley, near Palm Springs.

We don't have In-N-Out burger in Canada!
Oh, the things that you miss!
Good Friends!

Katie also had a chance to see Brianna,
a special friend from Julian Charter School.
We ended up at the beach again!
Everyone we meet here in Canada asks the same question, "Why did you move here from California?" Some understand the concept of God's calling, some do not, but as much as we love California and the special people we left there, Guelph is now home and it was good to get back.
The worst part of a trip like this is having to say good bye again!

4 comments:

Aly sun said...

Looks like a special trip. Vacations to SEE people are the best and are rich.

I understand the "God leads" thing, although I don't always love it. Often people ask why my parents don't just move back. As though they've had a fling and it's time to come home. Everything has a purpose and I would much rather be living in God's will than out.

Anonymous said...

It was super great to see you. Let's do it again! Next PHD ...... North Dakota! PHD get it? Ha. We're so smart.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip. It's neat to see the place where your Mom has spent the past couple of months.
Dianne

Jenny said...

I missed you guys by a week! It looks like you guys had a great time. Love you and miss you. :)