Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Room of My Own

I love "before and after" pictures. This is a room on the main floor that is really too small for a bed room so I claimed it! It was very "White".
I know, I know, now it appears to be very "pink". It is really a rosy mauve with burgundy red accents. In this room I have all my antiques and special nic nacs. The picnic basket was my Mom and Dads. I don't know how old it is, but it has been around as long as I can remember. The quilt was my Grandma Ewerts. I don't know the history behind it and it isn't hand made, but I have always liked it but had no place to put it because of the colors. It is just right here. When we went desk shopping I got very discouraged. IKEA had some nice desks but out of my price range. We needed a filing cabinet as well but couldn't find the right desk with a file drawer and the right color to match the armoire. We were on our way out of the store when we stumbled across this table in the dining section, of course. $59.00. A can of stain at Home Depot and a piece of glass for the top and the desk was created! I found an old filing cabinet in a storage room at camp, another trip to Home Depot and a can of black spray paint, completed the set. All for under $200.00.

The start of my "old" apron collection







I keep my linens in this armoire. I also have two of my Grandma Friesen's hats in the hat boxes.


I still have a few touches to make, but all in all it is a cozy room. I call it my room, but actually since the computer is there, we all use it. Guess who is in there the most?



If you have tried to leave a comment and had trouble, I'm sorry. Thanks to Alyson, the problem should be corrected. Go ahead and try it!

4 comments:

Weisel said...

Very impressive. I know you chose pink to keep the boys out. It is like a "Kenbegonecolor" also know as "Ken Blocker Pink" :) Katie, I believe, has chosen a very Ken friendly color......She will learn. Can you come help me decorate? I am proceeding at a very slow and stealthy pace so has not to bring attention to the fact that the house is being taken over and re-decorated.

Aly sun said...

Very nice to have such a pretty space to work in.

Good job on the comments. Its much easier now!

bmor said...

that room is pink. no if, ands, or buts about it.

The Cowgirl's Typewriter said...

I didn't know you liked pink, Mom. But it's really cute! Can't wait to see it in person!