Saturday, October 10, 2009

Life in Canada Begins!

Welcome to our Blog. It is hard to know where to begin. We kind of feel like we are still on vacation, or as they say, "Holiday", but our things have arrived and now the unpacking has begun. It was a bit overwhelming at first. So many boxes!! It is amazing that it all came out of our little house on Palomar Mountain. Before


After!
Really, the kitchen is the only room that is in shape. We have been busy with camp and haven't had much time to spend on the house, but after this weekend, it will slow way down and we can finish the last little bit of painting and get things up on the walls.
I did have to get rid of the border around the top of the kitchen. I felt really bad about it because someone actually hand painted it, but it just had to go. If it were the late 80's or early 90's, I would have loved it, but that "country era" is gone. I don't really know what phase I am in now, by the looks of it, "Simply Red"!

Katie is enjoying school. The bus picks her up just across from our house and she rides the 20-25 minutes to school. She joined the cross country team the first week and has been challenged by that. She has had a meet every week and usually comes in some place in the middle of the group. We have been to a couple of her meets, but cross country is not really a good spectator sport. You see them take off and then you see them come in. It is fun to be there though.
Ken hard at work. He has a smile on his face most of the time!



I am next door.
That will be all for now. I don't want to put too much in the first time. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy blogging once I get the hang of it.



6 comments:

The Cowgirl's Typewriter said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! Katie looks so grown up. Keep them comin'.

Aly sun said...

Yay! It is SO wonderful to see snapshots from your new life. I love the "simply red." Glad you are settling in. We saw Lisa last night and she efficiently lulled Rem into a peaceful sleep. She said you and Katie would be jealous. :)

Tawny said...

Oh I want to lull Rem to sleep!!!

Hi Peggy-- this was a great update and I am thrilled that you have a blog now. I'll love keeping with your Canada life this way. Love you!

Sherri said...

Keep them coming! It will be great to keep in touch with you this way!

Andee said...

HI! Good to see you on here, In my book, you cannot go wrong with "simply red." Try to post more often than I do!

Weisel said...

If you are reading this Peggy.......you probably should be working, no time for chit chat.... especially with the big " boss" RIGHT next door. I have a quote for you . "You're not the boss of me!" You can use it if you want. Have a great day. Keep posting..I mean working.